I’m not an alumnus/a – can I still join?
I’m a sustaining member of The Ohio State University Alumni Association (OSUAA) – what’s the difference?
What’s in it for me?
Where do my dues go?
Didn’t I already pay this year?
Yes, membership in the Alumni Club is open to alumni AND friends of Ohio State.[ Back to Top ]
Although the Alumni Club is a chartered organization of the OSUAA, we are distinct organizations, each with its own membership. The OSUAA was founded in 1879. It operates internationally, and its vision is to be the heart of the Buckeye alumni community, inspiring and cultivating engaged citizens. Information on the governance, strategic plan, and operation of the OSUAA can be found on the OSUAA website
The Alumni Club is an organization for alumni and friends of Ohio State in Greater New York. We host sports, social, service, networking, and cultural events year-round for Buckeyes in NYC. We also help OSU with its student recruitment efforts and distribute approximately $10,000 in scholarship money annually to local students attending Ohio State.[ Back to Top ]
Alumni Club membership benefits for OSU AC NYC include the following:
- Eligibility to purchase football tickets through the Alumni Club (usually one game per year – must also be OSUAA member)
- Membership discounts and incentives at club events throughout the year
- Participation in our intramural athletic program
- Notices of events and special programs
- Monthly mentorship connections
- Monthly cornhole events
- Opportunity to showcase your business on our website
- Members-only networking on LinkedIn
Your membership helps OSU AC NYC do the following:
- Support for our scholarship program to help send students in need from the Greater New York area to Ohio State.
- Socialize together every fall football Saturday for game day gatherings to cheer on the Buckeyes to victory, as well as throughout the year for other OSU AC NYC events like the annual spring event, mentorship events, job and networking opportunities, happy hours and more.
- Contribute to Ohio State’s positive image in the greater New York community by helping with service projects supporting worthy organizations across NYC.
Our membership year is from June 1st through May 31st each year. The opportunity to renew your membership for the following year usually begins with our spring reception or spring event each year. If you have any questions about your current status, please contact Ryan Monell at email@example.com.[ Back to Top ]